Services are designed to deliver both value and a positive customer experience by facilitating the results customers want to achieve.
- Services are shared strategic assets within a portfolio that support Tufts mission and business objectives.
- Well-designed services provide better consistency and help reduce overall TCO expense.
- Customers should feel that services are useful, usable, accessible, efficient and enjoyable and that these services can help them succeed both professionally and personally.
- Services should be designed “outside in” from the customer’s perspective using an iterative, holistic and collaborative approach.
- A culture of service design thinking should be fostered and encouraged.
- There needs to be an emphasis on investing in design capabilities.
- Must be pro-actively managed throughout their entire operating lifecycle.