TTS services, applications and infrastructure must be appropriately sustainable throughout their intended operational life spans.
- Sustainable services are more manageable and supportable.
- More efficient use of limited resources and helps minimize ongoing costs.
- Requires a holistic, end-to-end service lifecycle management approach:
- Sustainability factors must be assessed “up front” for new services.
- Services should be designed to be flexible to accommodate ongoing changes as needed.
- Services should be consistently deployed using a repeatable change management process.
- When a solution is no longer sustainable it should be modified, replaced or retired as appropriate.
- Periodic sustainability reviews should be performed to assess existing gaps and identify potential improvements based on foundational knowledge and established metrics.