Tufts Secure Wireless
Select Tufts_Secure from the list of available wireless networks on any computer, phone, or tablet and enter your Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
Tufts Secure Wireless provides protection against identity theft and data loss for members of the Tufts community by creating a secure and encrypted connection. It's available as a WiFi option for all devices that use a wireless connection to access the internet, including iPads, Kindles, and gaming systems, as well as mobile devices, laptops, and desktop computers. Devices do not need to be registered in advance to connect to Tufts_Secure—just provide your Tufts Username and Tufts Password when prompted.
Benefits of using Tufts_Secure for a wireless connection include:
- A secure and encrypted path for data helps to mitigate the risk of identity theft and/or data loss
- All data transferred over Tufts_Secure wireless is encrypted, providing added security
- Access is secured behind a firewall
Tufts_Secure is available to all members of the Tufts community who have a valid Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
To connect to the network or Internet with Tufts_Secure:
- While on campus, select Tufts_Secure from the list of available networks.
- Sign in with your Tufts Username and Tufts Password (same as Tufts email, SIS, etc.).
NOTE: You will be prompted to log in each time your device connects from a different location (different IP address).