AccessTufts - a TTS Strategic Program - that simplifies access to administrative services in a manner that reflects our community's needs and supports an efficient workforce.
- Launched version 1.0 of AccessTufts
- Integrated all HR content, presenting a better UX for staff and faculty
- Implemented support and governance model to enable further evolution
- Community adoption has continued to climb monthly, with positive reception
- Serving as common UI for administrative content across Tufts
The Vision for AccessTufts
AccessTufts is a major initiative launched by TTS on December 14, 2016, with collaboration from TSS, and University Relations. The two primary long-term goals of AccessTufts are 1) to make it easier to get work done at Tufts, and 2) to enrich the experience of working at Tufts.
AccessTufts makes it easier to get work done at Tufts by simplifying access to a broad range of services from HR, Finance, IT, Operations, and more; and by explaining the processes involved in key activities such as event planning, onboarding employees, and traveling for business. Like an effective 311 website, AccessTufts eliminates the need to traverse a disconnected constellation of individual websites and resources. For selected transactions—a set that is growing, cumulatively, over time—we provide facilitated information intake through digitized forms, and workflow solutions. In this regard, AccessTufts can be seen as a service delivery model for administrative transactions and content and a common UI for administrative work at Tufts.
The transactional components of AccessTufts lie within a larger context of information at Tufts, including policies, procedures, and organizational knowledge, which are searchable as a knowledge base.
AccessTufts enriches the experience of working at Tufts by exposing and promoting valuable information that is often hard to find, including:
• Topical news and events
• Time-sensitive communications
• Lesser known (but highly valuable) benefit and services
• University data
• Community-based announcements