DiscoverTufts - a TTS Strategic Program - focused on exploring and understanding our data to enable better decision-making.
- Integrated shared Data Lab services in Tisch to enhance support for initiatives such as DISC. The Data Lab is coordinating shared services with Tisch Library Research & Instruction and Scholarly Communications & Collections and TTS Research Technology, Business Intelligence & Data Strategy teams to provide a more a an improved and more seamless experience for the Tufts community around data intensive teaching and research.
- Designed and Delivered Next-Generation Data Infrastructure, enabling the community to work with any type of data at scale. Next Generation Data Technology architecture: Created and guided the work of the Data Technology Working Group, which resulted in the design of the Next Generation Data Technology architecture. This technology architecture will be an important step forward for Tufts, allowing students, researchers and administrators to work with any type of data, at any scale employing any type of computation.
- Updated key Information Stewardship and responsible use policies to facilitate appropriate access to data. The Information Stewardship Subcommittee completed its comprehensive review of the Information Stewardship Policy and its three related policies that govern data, use of information systems, and employees’ roles and responsibilities. Changes include:
- A strong emphasis on the high value of data as a University resource
- Recognition of the critical importance of privacy and confidentiality of information
- Simplifying data classifications from four overlapping categories to three categories of Restricted, Confidential and Public data
- Establishing new roles of a Data Governance Council, Data Authorities, and Data Authority Delegates to facilitate decisions about shared data access and use
- The next steps are review of the policies by the CIO Council and the IT Steering Committee
- Providing design and software development support for Non-Traditional Learning program (now University College) integration needs. The need for complex real time data integration between Destiny One (enrollment), Hubspot (marketing), Slate (Applications), Student Information System and data systems has necessitated new approaches for orchestrating business processes across multiple systems in a highly reliable way.