ANSYS (Network License)
Note: Use of this software is restricted to users with a primary affiliation of Faculty, Student, or Staff in the Tufts' White Pages.
ANSYS network-licensed software:
- remains available to the user only while the software is actively in use
- may only be used on computers which are actively connected to the Tufts network (includes devices connected to the Tufts network via Tufts' VPN)
- is licensed for use on Tufts-owned or leased computers
- Installation on faculty and student personal computers is permitted, provided the installation is performed by a member of the university’s IT Support staff
- may not be used for any competitive analysis or commercial activity
- may only be used within a 50-mile radius of Tufts' Medford Campus
ANSYS is engineering simulation software used to model and manipulate values to analyze and, potentially, predict real world behaviors. The range of values can include any of the following: structural, thermal, fluid dynamics, explicit dynamics, electromagnetics and multiphysics. Users can simulate structural mechanics, explicit dynamics, fluid dynamics and thermal capability, as well as high-frequency, signal integrity, RF, microwave and electromagnetic engineering capability.
ANSYS network licenses are annual licenses that expire each year and must be renewed by the university. The network license is a limited license and not a site license; a user's ability to access the software at a particular point in time depends on the then-available license pool.
There are two ways to run ANSYS network-licensed software:
- The software may be executed on a university desktop/laptop.
- The software may be executed on the Tufts High Performance Research Cluster using a cluster account.
For Desktop Use
Request installation of the Network License ANSYS software package on your desktop or laptop by calling 617-627-3376 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For High Performance Research Cluster (HPC) Use
- Request a cluster account by going to http://research.uit.tufts.edu and completing and submitting a short application form.
- Place a request by calling 617-627-3376 or emailing email@example.com for an assessment of whether or not your computer’s display meets ANSYS X-Windows support requirements. On occasion, the TTS Service Desk may need to make configuration changes for compatibility.
General information about using Tufts University’s High Performance Research Cluster can be found at http://go.tufts.edu/cluster.