COMSOL Multiphysics (Network License)
COMSOL Multiphysics licenses:
- Are available for use on Tufts-owned/leased computers and Tufts' faculty-owned computers, provided the installation is performed by a member of Tufts Technology Services.
- Are not available for installation on student computers.
- Are term licenses which the university renews annually.
- May only be used on computers which are actively connected to the Tufts network either locally or via Tufts VPN Network Connect.
- Network concurrent licenses may be accessed from a university desktop/laptop or from a High Performance Research Cluster account.
- Are a limited, shared license and not a site license. If no licenses are available at a particular time, it may be necessary to try again later.
COMSOL Multiphysics is a software tool supporting the analysis, modeling and simulation of multiphysics problems.
Available modules cover the following areas:
- Structural Mechanics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Chemical Reaction
- Particle Tracing
- Heat Transfer
For Desktop/Laptop Use
Contact the TTS Service Desk by calling 617-627-3376 or emailing email@example.com to request the installation of the COMSOL Multiphysics network concurrent license distribution on your desktop or laptop.
For Tufts High Performance Research Cluster (HPC) Use
- If you don't already have an account on the Tufts Research Cluster, go to https://research.uit.tufts.edu/ to complete and submit an account request form.
- Contact the TTS Service Desk by calling 617-627-3376 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for an assessment of whether your computer’s display configuration meets COMSOL Multiphysics X-Windows support requirements. On occasion, display configuration changes may need to be made for COMSOL Multiphysics compatibility.