Maple (Network License)
Maple software licenses:
- Are available for installation and use on Tufts-owned or leased computers.
- May be installed on faculty or staff personally-owned computers, provided the installation is performed by a member of the university’s IT Support staff.
- May NOT be installed on student-owned computers.
- Are term licenses which the university renews annually.
- May only be used on computers which are actively connected to the Tufts network either via a local connection or via Tufts' VPN Network Connect.
- May be accessed from an institutional desktop or laptop or from Tufts' High Performance Research Cluster.
- Are limited, shared licenses and not part of a site-wide or enterprise license. If no licenses are available at a particular time, it may be necessary to try again later.
Maple is designed to help its users analyze, explore, visualize, and solve mathematical problems.
Maple software features include:
- Comprehensive, in-depth coverage of a broad range of mathematical topics.
- The capability to solve a wide range of equations and systems of equations.
- The Capability to solve problems involving differential equations.
- Linear algebra support for both small- and large-scale problems.
For Desktop/Laptop Use
Contact the TTS Service Desk by calling 617-627-3376 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to request the installation of the Maple network concurrent license distribution on your desktop or laptop.
For Tufts High Performance Research Cluster (HPC) Use
- If you don't already have an account on the Tufts Research Cluster, go to https://research.uit.tufts.edu/ to complete and submit an account request form.
- Contact the TTS Service Desk by calling 617-627-3376 or emailing email@example.com for an assessment of whether your computer’s display configuration meets the Maple X-Windows support requirements. On occasion, display configuration changes may need to be made for Maple compatibility.