Mathematica (Desktop License)
Note: Use of this software is restricted to users with a primary affiliation of Faculty, Student, or Staff in the Tufts' White Pages.
This product is licensed for use on Tufts-owned or leased machines and faculty, research staff or student computers.
- All licenses are annual term licenses which the university renews each year.
- Home Use Program licenses are tied to the user's hardware.
- All licenses are stand-alone and do not require any access to the Tufts network.
Mathematica is a tool used in engineering, mathematics, and the sciences for symbolic and numerical computation, visualization, and application development.
- Can be used to obtain closed form solutions, analyze data, develop algorithms, and create models and shared applications.
- Integrates a numeric and symbolic computational engine, graphics system, programming language, documentation and advanced connectivity to other applications.
For installation of Mathematica on an institutional computer, the software may be downloaded from the following link:
Faculty/Staff/Researcher-owned Computers (Home Use)
For installation of Mathematica on a faculty, staff or researcher personal computer, the software may be downloaded from the following link:
Student-owned Computers (Home Use)
For installation of Mathematica on a Student-owned computer, the software may be downloaded from the following link:
For installation assistance, submit a service request to the TTS Service Desk by calling 617-627-3376 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.