NVivo (Desktop License)
- NVivo is licensed for use on Tufts-owned or leased computing devices and may be used on- or off-campus.
- NVivo may be used for all non-commercial types of university business including teaching, research and administrative work.
- It may be possible to run NVivo on a Mac in a virtual Windows environment.
- Installation of NVivo on a personally-owned computer is permitted for current Tufts faculty, staff and students, provided the installation is performed by a university IT Support Provider and is solely used in support of Tufts University business.
- NVivo may be used by contractors on Tufts-owned or leased machines. Contractors are permitted to run NVivo on their own computers provided the software has been installed by a TTS IT Support Provider and is solely used in support of Tufts University business.
- To continue executing, NVivo software requires the installation of a new activation key every year.
NVivo supports qualitative research and mixed methods research using unstructured data. NVivo permits the user to collect, organize and analyze content from a range of sources including interviews, focus group discussions, surveys, audiovisual content, social media, literature reviews, and web pages.