Note: Use of this software is restricted to users with a primary affiliation of Faculty, Student, or Staff in the Tufts' White Pages.
- SAS software users may use any supported release of the EAS software.
- Except as noted below, software may only be installed on computers owned or controlled by Tufts University.
- Faculty, staff or students may use EAS software only in support of teaching, learning and research.
Faculty and Staff
- Faculty and staff wishing to use SAS in support of Tufts University's administrative functions must purchase separate SAS licenses that have been designated as administrative-use licenses by the SAS Institute.
- Licenses acquired under the SAS EAS may not be used to support the university's administrative functions.
- By amendment to the SAS agreement, use of the SAS EAS software on a personally-owned computer is permitted for current Tufts faculty and staff, provided the installation is performed by a Tufts University IT Support Provider and the software is solely used in support of teaching, learning and research.
- By amendment to the SAS agreement, use of the SAS EAS software on a personally-owned computer is permitted for registered Tufts students, provided the software installation is performed by a Tufts University IT Support Provider and the software is solely used for learning and research.
- SAS requires students to complete and sign a SAS Student Use Agreement before they may have SAS EAS software installed on their personal computer.
SAS is statistical software widely used at Tufts. The university maintains a campus-wide annual subscription for SAS's Education Analytical Suite or EAS, a collection of SAS modules that includes the following products:
In addition, the TTS has added SAS/Genetics® to the software subscription.
Faculty, staff and students wanting to have SAS EAS software installed should submit a request by calling 617-627-3376 or emailing email@example.com.
The SAS EAS is an annual subscription, renewed each year by the university. To continue executing, SAS EAS software requires the installation of an updated activation key (called a "setinit") every year. To reactivate an expired key, submit a service request by calling 617-627-3376 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.