- SAS requires students to complete and sign a SAS Student Use Agreement before they may have SAS EAS software installed on their personal computer.
- SAS software users may use any supported release of the EAS software.
- The SAS EAS is an annual software license subscription. It is renewed each year by the university.
- Faculty and staff wishing to use SAS in support of Tufts University's administrative functions must purchase separate SAS licenses that have been designated as administrative-use licenses by the SAS Institute. Licenses acquired under the SAS EAS may not be used to support the university's administrative functions.
SAS is statistical software widely used at Tufts. The university maintains a campus-wide annual subscription for SAS's Education Analytical Suite or EAS, a collection of SAS modules that includes the following products:
SAS® Enterprise Guide®
SAS® Bridge for ESRI
SAS® e-Learning Library
SAS® Integration Technologies
In addition, the TTS has added SAS/Genetics® to the software subscription.
There is no charge, provided that licensing requirements are met.
- Faculty, staff or students may use EAS software only for teaching, learning and research.
- Except as noted below, software may only be installed on computers owned or controlled by Tufts University.
- By amendment to the SAS agreement, use of the SAS EAS software on a personally-owned computer is permitted for current Tufts faculty and staff , provided the installation is performed by a Tufts University IT Support Provider and the software is solely used in support of teaching, learning and research.
- By amendment to the SAS agreement, use of the SAS EAS software on a personally-owned computer is permitted for registered Tufts students, provided the software installation is performed by a Tufts University IT Support Provider and the software is solely used for learning and research.
- The SAS EAS is an annual subscription, renewed each year by the university. To continue executing, SAS EAS software requires the installation of an updated activation key (called a "setinit") every year.
Faculty, staff and students wanting to have SAS EAS software installed should submit a request via TechConnect.