Room-based Video Conferencing
Tufts Technology Services maintains room-based video conferencing for events that require large-scale conferencing and media support and recommends the use of Tufts WebEx when conducting a video conference. Use Tufts' room-based video conferencing when:
- You want to conduct a one-time (or recurring) scheduled video conference for three or more individuals.
- There is a Tufts audience for an offsite guest lecturer.
- You are planning a large meeting that requires attendance from across Tufts' three campuses.
- You need to deliver a short presentation to a remote audience. (The image resolution for sharing applications using room video conferencing is limited to 800x600.
Please submit your online registration or contact the Technology Services Client Support Center at least 5 business days before your meeting.
Scheduling a Video Conferencing-Enabled Meeting Room
Tuft’s video conferencing systems are available on the Boston, Grafton, and Medford campuses. Services are available with the Technology Services Client Support Center’s help from 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Friday EST USA (except on University holidays). You may request service for other hours through the Technology Services Client Support Center by calling 617-627-3376 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the Boston campus, you must reserve a room for your video conference at least thirty minutes prior to the start time and indicate on the room request form that you are reserving the space for a video conference. For assistance with this process, call the Scheduling Office at 617-636-6621.
- Complete the room request form (PDF).
- Send the form by fax (6-0894) or campus mail (Sackler317).
- On the Grafton campus, rooms are reserved online. Navigate to http://vet.tufts.edu. The site has Gateways for students and for faculty and s taff.
- Click the appropriate gateway to view a number of links, including a Room Reservations link.
- Click the Room Reservations link. A calendar of booked rooms for the Grafton Campus will display.
- Click Room Resources to find a room that will meet your needs and contact the room's manager.
Additional Notes on Reserving a Room
If the room you wish to reserve is not available through the room reservation system for your campus, you may need to speak to the room’s administrator. In such cases, you may be asked to reserve the room using Microsoft Outlook.
Scheduling Technical Setup and Support
When you reserve a room for your video conference, you also must request video conferencing setup and support. This request can be made using an online registration form or by contacting the Technology Services Client Support Center by calling 617-627-3376 or emailing email@example.com.
- Please submit your online registration or contact the Technology Services Client Support Center at least 5 business days before your meeting.
- If you are planning to use video conferencing for coursework or a distance course, please contact the Technology Services Client Support Center as soon as you have a schedule for the video conference sessions.
- Video conferencing requires technical coordination with the far-end site and proper configuration of the equipment and presentation peripherals. When you reserve a room for your video conference, additional time will be needed prior to and after your event in order to setup equipment and test the connections.
- A support specialist can assist you to make sure the room is reserved for the necessary timeframe.