VMWare (VMware Academic Program)
Conditions of Use of VMAP Software
- All users of VMAP software are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the VMAP End User License Agreement.
- Software which is licensed under the VMAP program may be downloaded and/or installed onto
- any machine which is owned or leased and managed by Tufts University
- any personally-owned computer
provided the software is only used in support of teaching and non-commercial research by a member of the Tufts community.
- To continue executing beyond one year, VMAP licensed software must be downloaded and reinstalled each year.
- Upon separating from the university, faculty, staff and students who have installed VMAP software on a personally-owned computer are obligated to either uninstall and delete the software or obtain a license for the software.
- Available products are subject to change at VMware’s discretion.
The VMWare Academic Program (VMAP), which is centrally funded by Tufts University, provides faculty, staff, researchers and students with VMWare desktop and infrastructure virtualization software products for use in teaching and non-commercial research.
Specifically designed for use by members of the higher education community, the suite of products can be used for:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) classwork
- Non-commercial research projects
- Tufts IT professionals interested in gaining hands-on experience with VMware products.
Qualifying faculty, staff and students may obtain VMAP software through a Kivuto/On-The-Hub VMAP web site.
- Browse to http://vmap-tufts.onthehub.com.
- Once the site opens, locate and click the Login link in the upper-right of the web page.
- Log in with your Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
- After you've successfully logged in, ensure that the the tab that matches your Tufts affiliation (Faculty/Staff or Student) is selected and click the Browse Products link.
Request Installation Support
To request installation of VMAP software for teaching or non-commercial research, submit a request to the TTS Service Desk by calling 617-627-3376 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.