Data Warehouse & Business Objects
Tufts Data Warehouse via Business Objects (must be an authorized user to access the Data Warehouse)
The Tufts Data Warehouse provies uthorized users with secure access to data by utilizing one or more of the Business Intelligence tools. Currently, SAP Business Objects is the supported enterprise query and reporting tool at Tufts.
- Standard enterprise view of data, shared across the entire organization.
- Data Warehouse stores data from multiple sources for decision making.
- Users can use the single query and reporting tool to access data from various application systems.
- Consistency ensures everyone in the organization is working with the same information.
You must be an authorized user with an approved Business Objects account to access the Data Warehouse.
Access & Availability
To access the data warehouse, you must first obtain a Business Objects account. To receive an account, contact the Data Warehouse Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Tufts University Data Warehouse is available from 8am to 8pm with occasional system maintenance downtime, which is posted on the Tufts Infoboard as well Business Objects Home page.
- The Data Warehouse Team is available from 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday for any inquiries at email@example.com.
- Access to the Data Warehouse is available from home by utilizing Tufts Virtual Private Networking (VPN). Please contact your IT Support organization or the TTS Service Desk at 617-627-3376 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with VPN setup.
Tufts Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence Environment
- Available data are: Finance, SIS, ASE Admissions, Advance, Research Admin, PR, Tel Audit, and others.
- Data in the warehouse is loaded from the source systems overnight. The data is generally one day “behind”.
- Data Warehouse is read only access. If you see any “bad data”, please contact the data steward of the source system to correct it and the corrected data will be loaded the next day.