Device registration: http://hostreg.net.tufts.edu/
Available on all 3 campuses, the Tufts wireless network (tuftswireless is the network name) gives registered laptops, phones, tablets, and e-readers access to all Tufts network services, including Internet browsing, connection to personal and departmental network drives, printing, Exchange email, and more.
- First-time wireless-enabled devices automatically display the registration page in all web browser windows.
- Device registration lasts for 1 year
- Manual registration of devices (e-readers,xbox) is available at http://hostreg.net.tufts.edu/
- Students have the option to use the Technology Support Center’s customized device registration utility to automate gaming and non-wired device registration
- Tufts users can register up to 10 devices
- IT Support providers can remotely register devices if you can provide the MAC address
- Login with a valid Tufts Username and Tufts Password.
- The connecting device must be registered on the Tufts network.
Registering a Device
Laptops, tablets, phones, e-readers, and other wireless-capable devices must be registered to use Tufts wireless network.
To automatically register your device:
- Enable wireless and open a web browser window. You should see device registration page. If not, manually enter http://hostreg.net.tufts.edu/ in the address bar.
- Review the Information Stewardship Policy and supporting policies and click I Agree.
- When prompted, enter your Tufts Username and Tufts Password and click Login.
- Complete the displayed fields. Select (or tap for a smart device) Detect to have the registration utility automatically detect your MAC (Media Access Control) address.
- When all of the required fields are complete, click Register.
- Select Finished. The browser window will load the default home page once registration is complete.
- This process may take a few moments, so be patient.
- Depending on your browser settings, you may have to refresh the browser window by pressing F5.
TIP: Computers that use mapped network drives and printing resources will respond better if you reboot.
To manually register a device that doesn’t have a web browser, go to http://hostreg.net.tufts.edu/ and repeat the steps above, but manually enter the MAC address for your device.
- Most e-readers list their MAC address under Device Info.
- Gaming systems, DVR’s, and other non-browsing devices often display it on a sticker located on the unit.
- MAC addresses are displayed as six sets or two letters/numbers, separated by a dash or semi-colon.
Common formats: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx or xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
Need help finding a MAC address?